Arsenal News And Transfer Gossip Gunners Closing In On Mario Suarez To Fill Defensive Midfield Void
Arsenal news and transfer gossip: Gunners closing in on Mario Suarez to fill defensive midfield void?
Here are today”s Gunners stories from the Daily Mirror…
Lukas Podolski stormed out of Arsenal’s training ground on Wednesday after becoming increasingly frustrated with life at the Emirates.
Podolski did not train at the Gunners’ Hertfordshire HQ after complaining of a groin injury and he has not travelled with his team-mates for the New Year”s Day game at Southampton.
But it is understood that the 29-year-old forward was furious because his future is uncertain. He fears Arsenal are blocking a potential move to Inter Milan.
The fall-out has escalated quickly, with Podolski annoyed at not being given enough first team chances this season despite winning the World Cup with Germany last summer.
Read more on Lukas Podolski by clicking here.
Theo hopes for better 2015
GettyFocus: Walcott hopes he can impress after spending nearly a full year on the sidelines
Theo Walcott is hoping for a better 2015 with his 12 months of injury frustration finally coming to an end.
Walcott is likely to be on the bench again at Southampton on New Year”s Day, but his long overdue first start of the season will almost certainly be against Hull in the FA Cup on Sunday.
That is a year after he suffered his cruciate knee ligament injury against Tottenham in the FA Cup third round at the Emirates.
It has been the toughest 12 months of Walcott’s career and Arsene Wenger claims his injury lay-off has made the England winger a “bit edgy” about his comeback.
Walcott, who made two substitute appearances in November, missed the World Cup with the knee injury but has worked so hard on building up his leg muscles that he is convinced he has come back even faster.
Read more on Theo Walcott by clicking here.
Arsene Wenger wants to loan Yaya Sanogo to a Premier League club – to help him graduate to the Arsenal first team.
Bordeaux and Lorient have both made enquiries about taking the France under-21 striker on loan.
But Wenger prefers Sanogo, 21, to go to an English club and Paul Lambert”s Aston Villa lead the chase.
Crystal Palace almost had a deal lined up, although that may now change after Neil Warnock’s departure.
Read more on Yaya Sanogo by clicking here.
Thursday”s Arsenal stories from other papers & websites
Arsenal are set to sign Atletico Madrid midfielder Mario Suarez, according to Spanish journalist Eduardo Inda.
The Gunners have been heavily linked with a move for a central midfielder in the January transfer window and it seems that Suarez could be that man.
Suarez’s bit-part role in the Atleti team so far this season has meant that he is thought to be available at knock-down price.
Martin RoseDecision: Reus is said to have agreed a deal with Real Madrid
Marco Reus is set to reject a move to one of the Premier League’s big guns as he has reportedly agreed a deal with Real Madrid, according to the Daily Star.
The German attacking midfielder has been the subject of interest from Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City, as he becomes available for £20million at the end of the current season.
But now it seems Los Blancos have edged ahead in the race and have secured the signature already.
Setting the bar for Vlaar
Ron Vlaar has been told to ignore the speculation and not sign for Arsenal and Manchester United, according to the Express.
It is believed that his team-mate Andreas Wiemann has told him to stay put at Villa Park, despite the fact his contract runs out at the end of the current campaign.
Both the Gunners and the Red Devils have been interested in securing his services, as both require defensive reinforcements in January.
Up the bid!
Dennis Grombkowski – FIFAStump up: The Gunners have been told to meet the asking price for Brozovic
Arsenal have been told to up their bid for Marcelo Brozovic, according to the Daily Star.
The report suggests that both the Gunners and AC Milan have had bids in the region of £5million rejected by Ukrainian giants Dinamo Kiev.
It is believed that they are will be wanting at least £8million for the player, who is considered one of the hottest properties to have come out of Croatia in recent weeks.
Youngster bid rejected
Arsenal have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of 16-year-old starlet Krystian Bielik, according to Eurosport Poland.
The Legia Warsaw youngster is one of the hottest youth prospects in the European game right now, with the Gunners and Roma reportedly battling it out for his signature.
But reports now suggest that Arsenal have had their opening bid turned down, depsite the fact Bielik has his sights set on a switch to the Emirates.
Poll loading …